I'm actually away from my apartment at the moment, so I can't really check into a physical reason as to why this is happening, but figured I'd post in case anyone notices similar issues.
I'm running my first beer with this device and software.
I have both probes in the freezer: #1 hanging mid-freezer taking ambient (controlling cooling with set points of 63 initially and now 65) and #2 taped and somewhat insulated on the side of the bucket (not controlling, merely reading approx. temperature of fermentation)
For the first day, #1 brought the freezer down to around 63 and let things go at that temperature. This cause the fermentation reading range from 63 to just under 65 for most of the day.
Next I decided to change up the temperature and raise my set point on #1 hoping to get more "character" out of the yeast. After changing the set point to 65, the range on the fermentation reading has greatly increased and perhaps more importantly dropped below the ambient temperature readings logged on the graph for probe #1 (58-66).
I'm pretty sure this may have to do with changing of the cycle delay, but I figured I'd post due to the fermentation reading somehow dipping below ambient of the freezer.