Issue originally reported by @chiefsr
I have recently purchased a K thermocouple from Amazon and the required BrewBit adapter to measure wood furnace flue gas temp vs duct air temp. It works well so far, though I had to power cycle the BrewBit twice. Initially, the K signal came up a negative temp and then the display froze, causing a second reboot.
I have measured over 750F at this point in this configuration. I also used the factory probes in a freezer monitor configuration down to -5F.
I'm happy with my BrewBit!
My BrewBit + K thermocouple + adapter has become unreliable. I updated to version 1.51 and now have to power cycle much more frequently because the primary probe display stops updating on the BrewBit. The strange thing is that the second probe (factory style) doesn't seem to freeze. Only the top reading (k-type) freezes. I notice the issue more when there is a drastic temperature change in the k-type. It is monitoring flue gas temperature on a wood furnace. The second probe is monitoring duct air temp, which does not change quickly.
I am not controlling either output, only monitoring temperature values.
The normal wood firebox fill up would see a temperature change from ~200F to between 600F and 900F. I'll see about sharing a plot when I see the lock up happen again. I just started two new captures because the old ones where pretty busy.